Tyan Tong Monastery, an ancient Buddhist monastery hidden in the mountains in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, is rich in culture and tradition. In front of its gate, there are two ponds for saved aquatic animals and a wall with four Chinese characters that reads “Land of Buddha in the Southeast”.
Ever since its foundation in Jin Dynasty by the very first abbot, Rev Yi Shing, Tyan Tong Monastery has already been established for more than 700 years, during which the different ways of practice of the five major braches of Zen have been taught here, many monks here have been considered to be the most eminent, and ten of them were revered as Monks of the State, whose influence is even beyond the national border. It has always beenan honourand privilegefor Zen Masters to visit and study in Tyan Tong.
The Seven-day Meditation Retreat in Tyan Tong (traditional Zen meditation)has been held annually for many years led by Rev Cheng Shin, abbot of the monastery, in order to benefit people living in such a fast-paced and rapid changing world, who therefore most need the means to see the very nature of things in chaos and to stay true to one’s heart when facing distractions and temptations. You can learnZen and meditation here in Tyan Tong and try to apply it to your daily life.
May the Proper Dharma live forever and may peace be with all living creatures!
I. Qualifications for participation
Applicants: entrepreneurs, middle-levelorsenior managersin a company, orscholars.
II. Time and location
1. Time: July 16,2015 – July 22, 2015
2. Location: Tyan Tong Monastery (Dongwu Town, Yinzhou District, Ningbo)
3. Timefor arrival: before 18:00 on July 15, 2015 (please take your ID/passport and certificate of employment to the registrar)
1. Date for application: application can be made from today; there will be monthly meditation retreat from July this year.
2.Numberof participants: 30 people at one meditation retreat; those who apply first will participate first.
3. How to apply: please send your name, gender, place of employment, position,certificate of employmentand contactinformationto our email email@example.com.
Tel: RevLyao Yuan 139 5788 8435
RevTaoKuo 188 8862 9980
IV. Notice for this MeditationRetreat
1. All participants should be no less than 20 years old and no more than 60. Applicants from all ethnics are welcome, regardless of one’s religious belief. Applicants should be healthy without any infectious disease.
2. Accommodations will be providedfor participants during this activityfree of charge;no meat,fish, garlic, scallionor leek is allowed to be takeninto the monastery.
3. Male and femaleparticipantsare arranged into separate rooms, even for family members;all participantsshould wear clothes provided for them.
4. In order to let go of stress and anxiety, participants shouldhand in their mobile phones, and not ask for leaveduring the retreat.
5. Be careful and avoid damaging the monastery properties; don’t take any anythingwithout permission, which may reduce one’s merit.
6. Respect Buddha, Buddhism and monks and abide by rules and regulations of the monastery.
7. The schedule for the retreat isin the appendix.
You can download zhe application from here :天童山传统禅七报名表
Tyan Tong Monastery
May 20, 2015